Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Joys of Meandering

There is nothing I love more (well, maybe some things) than strolling along looking at interesting shops, buildings, streets and towns. It is one of the things that I think are particularly enjoyable and even heightened when you are alone. I have spent a lovely morning with not much to do other than buy fish and a plastic sleeve for my clothing patterns, and so I indulged in a little wandering and letting my thoughts go.

A good friend of mine is getting married so I have been looking with interest at a few bridal shops in my area. Such a big industry, and so much to think about! Being the emotional rag that I am, I was already imagining the scene when I see her in her dress, and was feeling a bit teary until I pulled myself up and reminded myself where I was.

So many beautiful wedding-related things on Etsy!





These gorgeous eyelet lace-inspired letterpress cards by Pistachio Press are to die for. So understated and elegant. I recently bought some other non-wedding related cards from PP and was very impressed.

And while I was trawling I spotted this great photo, as part of the Handmade Wedding Series:






What elegant guests, and such a happy bunch! *Sigh*

No comments: