Saturday, October 24, 2009

Nerdy McNerd Strikes Again

In January this year, a good friend of mine from Germany gave me a jigsaw puzzle of a castle we had visited together. It is called Neuschwanstein, and was the inspiration for the famous Disney castle. It is quite glorious in real life, and comes with many myths and legends and an interesting history. The king, Ludwig the 2nd, decided to "renovate" an old crumbling castle on the site, and turned it into what it is today. Despite looking incredibly detailed and ornate, the castle is actually unfinished, as the king was suspiciously declared mentally insane during the construction, and soon after was found drowned in a lake.

Anyhow, lakes and kings aside, it has taken me til now to complete the 1500 piece puzzle, and along the way I took photos of my progress. And here's where the Nerd part comes in: I have taught myself to make a little video of the puzzle growing and growing until complete.

Et VoilĂ !



Aren't I clever? PS. Don't forget to comment to get yourself an entry to my final Blogtoberfest Giveaway!

6 comments:

Bobishi said...

you're right. that is nerdy:)

Chrisy said...

oooh that's really clever!

planettreasures said...

Well done, emma.
I think it's cool!

wende said...

Well done. It looks fabulous. Love the little video too!

shine little light* said...

That is great! I love jigsaw puzzles! It looks like a really hard one too! Nice work.

amanda said...

I have been to this castle. Eventhough it is incredibly beautiful, its also a little creepy. It is full of big dark rooms sitting there unfinished and waiting for someone to come live in them.