Monday, November 21, 2011

Cushion project



We have an area at our upcoming wedding reception that needs some colour. It is a plain space, with white couches and a couple of coffee tables. I saw the photo above months ago (and I don't have a credit for it, sorry!) and was really inspired by the colours and textures used in this little collection of cushions. 


Off I went to IKEA and, 2 hours and a $1 hotdog later, I emerged with a stash of 8 cushion inserts ($1.99 each! You can't beat that!) and a mission to make a lounge area full of colour.


We don't really have a colour scheme. We have Mexican influenced decorations, which includes a bold emerald green, magenta, midnight blue and royal purple. I have decided to make cushions in solid colours using some interesting textural techniques, like the ones above. I particularly like the woven yellow and the circular pale blue with the pleats coming to the centre. I can't quite work out what's going on with the circular pink one, but it looks cool too.


Stay tuned for the results of my cushion sewing project!

No comments: