Monday, April 25, 2011

Hello again... and some ideas

Hello! I have been missing in action for such a long time! I have been overseas with my work, and I have also been busy planning my wedding.

But it's time to get back into the swing of things. I have a very dear friend who is having a baby in July, and next weekend is her baby shower. I am thinking of making her a quilt for the cot or the floor, and because she doesn't know if it's a boy or a girl, I am going to do it in all white fabrics with different textures and patterns.

I went searching for some inspiration and found these lovelies:

This gorgeous girly quilt is from Quiltville. I love the simple square design which makes the fabric the feature. I also like the wavy stitching to hold the batting in place.

This sweet one from The Pink Palace is the kind of texture variation I have in mind:


And this lovely simple quilt from Sweetiebug is a great example of using neutral colours to make it safe to use for a boy or a girl! I also like the border around the edge, the bias finish is great.


Now to the fun part: going to the fabric shop. I'll keep you updated with my progress.

Meanwhile, thanks to you all for sticking around and I'm sorry for my long absence! I promise I'll make it up to you... and if I seem vacant, I'll be over at Another Ring Coming musing about all things bridal.

1 comment:

Jo (ruby-jo) said...

Hello! Nice to see a new NeverEver post. I had forgotten all about your wedding blog and wondered where you were.

That Pink Palace quilt is just lovely.