Saturday, December 19, 2009

For the love of Pie

This pic borrowed from http://signsaysopen.blogspot.com

When I was in Melbourne recently, I couldn't resist visiting one of my favourite shops: Wilkins and Kent. From the website, it looks just like a furniture shop, and indeed they do sell some gorgeous custom made furniture. But they also sell beautiful handcrafted and thoughtfully chosen things, including some lovely products from fellow Australian Etsy sellers, like Able and Game and The Rabbit and the Duck. Kitchen, garden, decorative and functional, I am in love with most of their stock.

This pic borrowed from Flickr

This time, I walked away with a fantastic pie dish by Riess, a classic Austrian cookware company. I wish I could have afforded the whole range. See how pretty they look on the shelf? And this is the one I chose:


...now I just have to decide what to make in it! Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Jo (ruby-jo) said...

I have been to Wilkins and Kent recently for the first time and yes it is a lovely shop. As to what to make in your new dish, I say apple pie.

Sandra Darling Visual Art Creations said...

I've bought a beautiful light pink piece from the same maker!! I adore it :)

thanks for sharing this gorgeou shop with us!!

Gracie said...

Looks like a great shop! I love looking at homewares. Too bad I can't really cook (but have to learn soon!)

Unknown said...

I was eager to read this post by reading the name of it. Got so many good memories of childhood refreshed and have good fun over it also,.. Thanks for sharing it.

r4 dsi